Privacy and Data Protection
Please note this part of the website is subject to changes/updates.
Last updated: 02/09/23
By signing up to be a member on the SEVO website, you:
have read and agree to adhere to the Website and Social Media Code of Conduct published below.
are over 18 years of age or if under 18 years of age have sought permission from a parent/guardian to become a member
acknowledge that SEVO are responsible for the content of the SEVO social media and the SEVO website, however we cannot take responsibility for that which is posted by other users. We will do our best to moderate and ask for posts to be removed if offensive, however we may not see all posts.
Through registering as a member, subscribing or filling in any of our contact forms, we collect your name and email address. This is so that we may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account and to send updates about SEVO fixtures and results.
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at email@example.com and ask us to remove you from the list.
Website and Social Media Code of Conduct
To allow for safe usage of the blog, forum and SEVO social media, please adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
1. Be aware that the Communications Officer will moderate all posts and comments on the blog, forum and social media posts tagging/mentioning South East Viking Orienteering Club (SEVO). We reserve the right to moderate these and to remove and report inappropriate usage.
2. All users are entitled to freedom of speech, however if a post is deemed to be damaging to SEVO or it's club members, this will be reported appropriately and we will ask for it to be taken down.
3. Posts and comments must never contain bad language (swear words etc), racism, religious discrimination, homophobia or other potentially offensive content.
4. If sharing a picture or video of a minor, i.e. participants who are under 18, the minor should not be named in the post to ensure privacy and to abide by child protection laws. For full information on child safety and protection, please click here.
5. Please do not use the SEVO logo without explicit permission.
6. All material included on the forum and blog should be related to the topics related to orienteering. Please note that any unrelated posts will be removed..
7. Please be respectful in your language and tone when addressing other SEVOwebsite users and social media users. This is to create a safe place for all users.